Salvatore Petrucino known as Totò, born Pontine, always interested in art and a chess enthusiast, began his pictorial journey in 2010.
After a difficult period in his life, he feels the call of art and enters a small laboratory in his city, where he will remain for about a year, gaining his first experiences.
At some point he decided to continue his adventure alone, experimenting with new painting techniques and participating in exhibitions and competitions with excellent results.
There are numerous personal exhibitions in his hometown Latina, while in 2016 after being selected, he participates in the Rome Biennale.
In his paintings mostly inspired by the surreal-metaphysical style, we find evocative plays of shadows with which the artist tries to express his ideas, his moods and his deepest feelings: the shadows, absolute protagonists of his works , always different from the subject depicted, they allow dreams, emotions and daily fears to emerge.
Chess, another dominant theme of his works, merging with the shadows create imaginative images that aim to communicate a pure stimulus to the sensitivity of those who “read” his paintings.
EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS
- 2012 Collective Ex CRAL Latina.
- 2013 Ex CRAL Latina personal show
- 2014 Galà de l’art of Montecarlo, (representing Italy in the Principality of Monaco enjoying considerable success.)
- 2014 Personal exhibition “Palazzo di vetro” in Latina.
- 2014 Awarded in the competition ‘’Primo Maggio insieme’ ’Sezze (LT).
- 2015 RomArt (first edition of the International Biennial of Art and Culture)
- 2015 Venetian national award city of Padua.
- 2015 Personal exhibition at the “Caffè degli artisti” in Latina
- 2016 Biennale di Roma 2016.
- 2016 First classified painting competition at the CAOS of Terni on the occasion of the second Chess Open.
- 2016 Personal exhibition Caffè of artists Latina.
- 2017 Artime Gallery Latina personal exhibition.
- 2017 Market exhibition Maison d’art Padova.
- 2018 Personal exhibition Caffè of artists Latina
- 2018 Umbria Art Festival.
- 2018 Collective ‘’ The seven deadly sins ’’ Art Saloon Ariccia.
- 2019 Exposition at the Velazquez Madrid Award.
- 2019 Winner of the Association Award, Ovopinto Museum in Civitella del Lago